I’ve been hacked or frauded

thowells1
New Community Member
I’ve been charged a large amount which I currently don’t have from somewhere I’ve never seen before from across the world, I’ve changed my password and reported it but it’s already charged my account and now I’m in negative funds on my bank and don’t know what to do I tried calling PayPal but they are closed and by tommorow I’ll be charged due to not having funds. Why the hell is it an option to charge someone with not enough funds seriously deleting this ‘safe’ app
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kcabotaje
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! Fraud is really something to be concerned about. You'll find helpful information about the types of fraud and how to report it, just go to PayPal's Help Center. Please go to paypal.com then click "Help" on the bottom left corner of the page and then just type the topic/key word/s on the search engine and it will show all related topic. If you have questions, clarifications or if you need further assistance, feel free to let us know and we will be more than happy to help. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @thowells1 ,

Hope everything is well.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Previous message is correct but here's a more detailed information.

How do I report unauthorised PayPal account activity? 

You can also file a chargeback through your credit card issuer or through your bank.

What is a chargeback? 

As of this moment customer service can only be available via email or chat due to the crisis that we are all going through right now.

How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.