I think I’m being scammed

Bush_resells
Contributor
Contributor

So I am planning on selling shoes right on offerup. Her name is Brenda. She would like to exchange numbers for more pics correct. Mind u the offerup account have no data. I exchanged pics and offered her my paypal. Which she declined when she asked for a email which was sketchy. Then I got a email saying I got 300$ but all the colors were off and in generic arial font. And the name was completely off. The email was <removed>! Did Brenda attempt to scam me. I also had no notification of the money on the app.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Bush_resells 

You can check this Help Center article  to see if the email you got is really from PayPal. But the fact that there is no transaction or even notifications showing on your app could mean that there really is no payment made. So there is a chance that they are trying to scam you. If you see any links on the email saying "Click here to view your transaction" or anything similar, do not click on those because you may be routed to a fake website. It is best to check your app.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.