I started a gogetfunding but my payments are pending?

Gitonga
Contributor
Contributor
I recently started a gogetfunding page to raise money and linked it to my PayPal, however, whenever someone pays me money PayPal treats me like a merchant? As if I've sold them something and it asks me for tracking information. So far two of my received payments are pending and won't be resolved "until the goods are delivered" but there's nothing to deliver... How do I get my money?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_AdamC

Hi @Gitonga,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community. 

It sounds like you are receiving goods/services payments. When receiving these types of payments, our system required evidence of fulfillment for the payment. If you are contacting the senders of the funds, you should suggest sending a more suitable type of payment. 

The issue may have to do with the type of PayPal account you've opened. If the account is a Personal account, it will be difficult for you to continue receiving donation payments. 

This link may help - https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/article/faq1068.

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

Gitonga
Contributor
Contributor
So since my account is personal and they've already sent the funds and the money is in hold how do I get it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gitonga 

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner ie 7 days after the buyer verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gitonga
Contributor
Contributor
They say they can't see any option to confirm the receipt/delivery
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gitonga 

Did you not read the last 2 sentences of my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.