I sent the money to the wrong account

mohamad12emad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi .
When sending my money I typed the email incorrectly and sent money to that account
The problem now, after sending the money, I created the account that sent the money mechanism by mistake, but I can not withdraw my money or ask it to someone else or work back what is the solution

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamad12emad 

You can't do anything with the account because the email address"@moah********com" has not been confirmed on the new PayPal account because you do not have access to the actual email account because it does not exist! It is a misspelling!

What is payment status for the payment on the PayPal account the money came from? 

Does it say "Unclaimed" and listed in the Pending section?

If the money stays unclaimed for 30 days, the money will be returned to original account automatically.

The new account you created will not be established because email address can not be confirmed.

"

Unclaimed/Pending: If your payment is pending, it means that the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet. There are a few reasons why your payment might be pending.

A payment might be pending because:

• The recipient hasn’t signed up for a PayPal account yet.
  • You sent money to an email address or phone number that the recipient hasn’t added to their PayPal account. As soon as they add this information to their account, they will receive your payment.
  • The recipient is still deciding whether they want to accept your payment.
  • The recipient hasn't confirmed their bank account.

If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back.

If you paid with your debit or credit card, the money will go back to your card. (It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.) If you paid with your bank account, the money will be returned to your bank account. If you have a PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account and paid with your balance, the money will be returned to the balance."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamad12emad 

Read these:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-sent-money-to-the-wrong-email-address%2C-but-the-payme...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-was-my-payment-denied%2C-refunded%2C-or-unclaimed-fa...

When you send a payment to an invalid email address and it is marked "Unclaimed" follow what is mentioned in the second url for pending/unclaimed payments.

OTHERWISE:

I am not sure I understand what you did...you created a PayPal account with the invalid email address?

Well I hope you established the email account first so you can register that email address to a PayPal account under your name on the PayPal account and confirm the email address to accept that payment into the new PayPal account.

If not, and you created the PayPal account with the invalid email address first, then you must establish that email account/address, then go on the new PayPal account to request an email address confirmation email again to confirm the email address at the email account and then the payment can show up in the PayPal account. Then just PayPal the money BACK to the PayPal account you sent the money from as a personal payment.

Do you follow me?

I hope the email address you sent to is a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, any domain that you can establish an email account at. If its some domain name that you got to register and buy the domain name from network solutions or go daddy or someone else's vanity domain name, then you can't establish the email account. What a mess. So it all hinges on the email address itself.

But on the other hand, if the PayPal account cannot be successfully confirm the email address for the account you just created, the payment status for this payment should still be at Unclaimed at the PayPal account you sent the money from so all you got to do is wait for 30 days and the unclaimed money will be returned back to you.

Login to Me Too

mohamad12emad
Contributor
Contributor

My friend see what I did
First I sent my money from a freelance site, and I found that the account I sent him wrong by letter.
Second . I created the wrong account and tried to send money to the correct account but I can't

The problem now is that the account needs information to confirm and I do not have it and I can not send money or request or even returned to the site, what is the solution

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamad12emad 

I am still having trouble understanding...

You sent the money from a freelance site, not even from PayPal, to the wrong email address? 

Are you operating a freelance site that pays people via PayPal but somehow the email address for the recipient is wrong?

What account did you create? A PayPal account?

So you created a sort of dummy "PayPal" account to send the money to the correct account? Well you can't create a dummy "PayPal" account anymore, it has to have valid information. 

I think you need to contact customer service, as only they can see what you did, no one in the user to user forums can access others' accounts:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

mohamad12emad
Contributor
Contributor

What happened with me is I

sent money to this account moah********com Instead of this moh********com After checking the correct account I created a new account which is this moah********com Now the money is in this account but I can not send money to the correct account or send money to the bank

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohamad12emad 

You can't do anything with the account because the email address"@moah********com" has not been confirmed on the new PayPal account because you do not have access to the actual email account because it does not exist! It is a misspelling!

What is payment status for the payment on the PayPal account the money came from? 

Does it say "Unclaimed" and listed in the Pending section?

If the money stays unclaimed for 30 days, the money will be returned to original account automatically.

The new account you created will not be established because email address can not be confirmed.

"

Unclaimed/Pending: If your payment is pending, it means that the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet. There are a few reasons why your payment might be pending.

A payment might be pending because:

• The recipient hasn’t signed up for a PayPal account yet.
  • You sent money to an email address or phone number that the recipient hasn’t added to their PayPal account. As soon as they add this information to their account, they will receive your payment.
  • The recipient is still deciding whether they want to accept your payment.
  • The recipient hasn't confirmed their bank account.

If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back.

If you paid with your debit or credit card, the money will go back to your card. (It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.) If you paid with your bank account, the money will be returned to your bank account. If you have a PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account and paid with your balance, the money will be returned to the balance."

Login to Me Too

mohamad12emad
Contributor
Contributor

I have created the wrong account and I think I have accepted the money and it is not pending I do not know but I entered my visa but there is no place to enter the code sent to the bank Is there a way to transfer money to the correct account, I have communicated with Paypal and did not answer my messages

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.