I sent money from bank account to someone’s PayPal, but I didn’t receive my item

axdele
New Community Member

I have bought something from someone over Instagram. The only reason I did so was because the seller had PayPal and I was confident if I had any issues I would receive a refund. I’ve sent the money to the seller on PayPal using my bank account and transfer it to their PayPal, with the option, send to friends and family. I’ve waited a couple days to message the seller back on Instagram to see if he shipped out my item yet. Before I sent him another message I found out his Instagram account was no longer in use. I file an unauthorized dispute with PayPal and they closed my case saying they couldn’t find anything wrong. I’ve also tried contacting the sellers email from their PayPal account. I did not get any reply back. I never had any problem with PayPal before. I was scammed before when I ordered something and never received it and PayPal refund me with no problem. I am still waiting to hear back from PayPal customer service. If PayPal can’t do anything, will my bank be able to issue me the refund since the money was withdrawn from my bank account? The only reason I sent the money from my bank account within PayPal was because I don’t have to pay a fee to send money to someone on PayPal if I transfer it using my bank account. 

What should I do? Wait to hear back from PayPal customer service? Or contact the bank?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.