I select my credit card as my payment menthod, but paypal charges my balance instead

egarchow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

I have made probably about a dozen purchases through paypal over the last month or two. For each purchase I select my credit card that I have on file to make the payment. But it turns out that a close inspection of my credit card statement shows these were never posted to my account. I look on paypal and they are all with my CashPlus Balance instead. I just completed another transaction and I am absolutely positive that I selected my credit card as the payment option. However, I receive no message or notification that the credit card didn't work, so I thought the transaction processed as desired.

This is incredibly irritating as I had been under the impression that I was getting the not insignificant cash back rewards through my credit card, but nope. Paypal just used my balance in spite of what I selected, and presumably saved the fees the credit card company would charge them.

Is there any way to fix this? It should not be difficult to have paypal actually pay with the payment method they tell me I can select to pay with, or at the very least notify me that the method I selected did not work. I would like to reiterate that I am absolutely positive I selected my credit card.

Thanks for any tips.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

egarchow
Contributor
Contributor

Is this something I do through the Resolution Center? I gather that that is more for issues between me and the merchant. My issue is with paypal itself not using the payment method I select.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi egarchow, 

If you have an issue with us directly then I would recommend addressing this by email and request that a complaint is filed for you. To email us please click on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.