I recommend using any service OTHER than PayPal for sending easy money to one another

Matt1131
New Community Member

I was sent money on PayPal from a reliable sender (a family member, even).  The money was withdrawn from my sender's account.  The money then sat in my PayPal, but I was unable to accept the money (even as little as $1000 at a time) into either my checking or a debit card.  The message I received each time was:  "We are unable to complete this transaction at this time, try again later".

One week later -- 6 customer service calls, 4 different checking and debit card verifications I took my money out of PayPal's hands because I don't trust them with it, and neither should you.

DO NOT use PayPal to send money (even between family members) if the amount is between $500 and $5000.  PayPal will waste your time for days-to-a week at a time, PayPal will tell you it is an authentication problem (and you need to wait 24 hours to try again), PayPal will tell you the problem lies within maximum transfer issues within the bank you want to claim your money to, PayPal will be unapologetic for wasting your time and risking your money.

For family members, friends, and strangers on the street, I will be recommending humans use any service OTHER than PayPal for sending easy money to one another.  

Fun fact -- when I spoke to the final supervisor to refund my money back to my sender, he had the nerve to ask me why I needed my money so urgently.  This was after I spent a week waiting on 24 hour verification periods, and business day periods.  

This is the first time I have ever left feedback about a business on the internet, I resent needing to take time out of my day for this **bleep**.  Heed my warning.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.