cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recived a gift invoice from someone and payed out, but I haven't recived the money

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

I recived a gift invoice from someone and payed out, but I haven't recived the money

So I was selling something to someone and they sent me a Gift invoice of $60 so I gave them the stuff. Its been a few days later and I still haven't recived a payment and the guys blocked me. Is there nothing paypal or anyone can do about this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I recived a gift invoice from someone and payed out, but I haven't recived the money

@NathanEvans 

You got scammed. Buyers do not sending invoices, sellers do. And when you are selling something, its not a "gift" anything. Its a sale. You have not been paid and won't get paid. Scammers misuse the invoicing function to send a fake receipt/invoice, marking it paid, to trick you into believing they've paid but they have not. There is nothing anyone can do about this. Always make sure you see a "Payment Received" transaction record that tells you that it is ok to ship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I recived a gift invoice from someone and payed out, but I haven't recived the money

@NathanEvans 

You got scammed. Buyers do not sending invoices, sellers do. And when you are selling something, its not a "gift" anything. Its a sale. You have not been paid and won't get paid. Scammers misuse the invoicing function to send a fake receipt/invoice, marking it paid, to trick you into believing they've paid but they have not. There is nothing anyone can do about this. Always make sure you see a "Payment Received" transaction record that tells you that it is ok to ship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post