I recived a gift invoice from someone and payed out, but I haven't recived the money

NathanEvans
New Community Member

So I was selling something to someone and they sent me a Gift invoice of $60 so I gave them the stuff. Its been a few days later and I still haven't recived a payment and the guys blocked me. Is there nothing paypal or anyone can do about this??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NathanEvans 

You got scammed. Buyers do not sending invoices, sellers do. And when you are selling something, its not a "gift" anything. Its a sale. You have not been paid and won't get paid. Scammers misuse the invoicing function to send a fake receipt/invoice, marking it paid, to trick you into believing they've paid but they have not. There is nothing anyone can do about this. Always make sure you see a "Payment Received" transaction record that tells you that it is ok to ship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NathanEvans 

You got scammed. Buyers do not sending invoices, sellers do. And when you are selling something, its not a "gift" anything. Its a sale. You have not been paid and won't get paid. Scammers misuse the invoicing function to send a fake receipt/invoice, marking it paid, to trick you into believing they've paid but they have not. There is nothing anyone can do about this. Always make sure you see a "Payment Received" transaction record that tells you that it is ok to ship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.