I recieved a paymente but it coninues to be ON HOLD

AWramirez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recieved a paymente from a friend in Texas, I have my paypal account bunt I live in Mexico.

It shows that I have the money in my account, but I dont know how to transfer it or dispose of it. It just says:

Hello ANDRES W RAMIREZ,

You received a payment from alexandro correa. This payment is now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer the funds will be released after 21 days.

Here are the details:

• Buyer name: alexandro correa
  • Transaction date: February 14, 2017
  • Transaction amount: $100.00 USD
  • Your transaction ID: 6GV51675B1099161W

Pending Balance

Currency : U.S. Dollar

Balance Type Amount
Funds availability$96.80 USD
Total pending balance$96.80 USD
  1. Funds availability
Funds availability

Payments you receive from buyers will be held in your pending balance below. This money will be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders). Learn more about your Funds availability details.

Tip: To get your money released in 7-14 days, ship your order quickly and mark it as processed by clicking Details below.

Recent activityFebruary 
Pending transactions Type To/From Name/Email Date Status Details Gross Fee Net Amount Release Date
Payment ReceivedFromJesus CorreaFeb 14, 2017CompletedDetails$100.00 USD-$3.20 USD$96.80 USDMar 7, 2017

Return to My Account

Can yoy help me please??

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AWramirez

Sounds as if your friend sent the payment as a payment for goods and not using the friends / family option so paypal saw you as a new seller.

This is the new seller hold and if you have nothing to ship the funds will be released at 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AWramirez
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I also need info on how to transfer the money on March 7.

I live in Nuevo Leon Mexico, I dont have an American Bank Account number, my mother has one.

The only way to dispose of the money will have to be done in an American Bank?

Thanks again for your help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AWramirez

Do you have a Mexican or U.S paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AWramirez
Contributor
Contributor

US paypal account, I have a PO BOX in Texas.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You live in Mexico with a US po box and US PayPal account.

PayPal is country specific.  You need to open a PayPal account in Mexico.  You cannot use your mom's bank account in your US PayPal account, as name on bank account and PayPal account must match.

Refund the money.  

Open a PayPal account in your country: https://www.paypal.com/mx/webapps/mpp/home

Then ask your friend to resend money as Friends and family payment:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-to-friends-or-family-faq2398

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AWramirez
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much.

I will check that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.