I received email from PayPal about refund of purchase I made through my bank Debit Mastercard

Abbeynaty01
New Community Member
Hello community, I made a purchase on Ebay with my bank debit Mastercard and the item was later removed and I seek for refund, only to get email about refund from PayPal while I made payment with my bank debit Mastercard.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abbeynaty01 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement and refunds will say its going back to your paypal account.

However any refund will automatically go back to the card used to pay in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abbeynaty01 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement and refunds will say its going back to your paypal account.

However any refund will automatically go back to the card used to pay in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.