I purchased a item from AliExpress-China by Paypal

shijho
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a item from AliExpress-China by Paypal (credit card). Why credit card company charged me by cash advance? Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Redbearded
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me. Hopefully, there is a simple solution. The Paypal transaction shows as "Payment" (Not sure if that helps or not).

Login to Me Too

orrly
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted a question to this board for this exact same issue before finding this post. I filed a dispute with PayPal under "billing" issue because none of the other categories seem to make sense--PayPal denied my claim because it's considered "not a billing issue" without rerouting me or trying to resolve. It seems like a straightforward issue so it's pretty frustrating to need to jump through hoops to get it corrected.

EDIT: elsewhere on the internet, others are complaining too--it's looking to be a PayPal issue which they're refusing to address? SHADY.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/jhympw/cash_advance_fee/

EDIT2: I reached out to AliExpress, and they say they didn't change their payment methods on the backend so to take it up with PayPal, who is also not taking ownership. I called my credit card's affiliated bank (Chase) again, and the rep waived the fee for me this time--I have good credit history and have been a customer for 10 yrs so YMMV. Also, my previous call to Chase was unsuccessful so you might need to call a few times and hope to catch a nice rep. Good luck to everyone except PayPal, who NEEDS TO STEP UP WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Login to Me Too

Redbearded
Contributor
Contributor

Great tip on the Reddit posts! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.