I paid for item, money went through but the seller didnt get it, moneys gone

Ashpex
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought item from ebay, at first it all went fine, got the receipt from ebay the order was completed and the money gone from my account, after few hours I contacted the seller cause I didnt get my item as it was instant and e-mail delivery and he told me I didnt pay yet, I sent him screeshots of the payment from my paypal and my ebay purchases thats shows the money went through. He told me he didnt get it and thats why he cant deliver the item cause I didnt pay yet, even tho the money is missing from my account, after a hour of talking we decided he will cancel the order on ebay and so he did, he couldnt find my payment on his paypal and ebay told me he canceled my order. Now the problem is my money is still missing from my account and I didnt get my money back, from what I know I dont have and either the seller has it so where the money went?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashpex

TELL YOUR SELLER TO CHECK THIS..........

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ashpex
Contributor
Contributor

I don't really get it how to find it the first time in the selling section.. but am pretty sure its the same email.

Btw I got today this message from PayPal service on email, what does it mean? does it related or have anything with the payment thingy?

To assist you, PayPal uses antifraud systems to detect and prevent fraud.

A review of the transaction below raised a suspicion that it may have not been authorized. As a result, we've reversed this transaction.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal reversed the transaction,if yo have used a credit card,it goes back to your credit card,go check the cc account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.