I need help with this particular transaction pending issue

ultra3347
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy an Item on Godivda website, and after filling out all the information that is required for the purchase, I pressed the confirmation button. Then

It directly sent me back to the billing information page to fill out information for the item purchase. However, when I check the summary activity on my PayPal account, the transaction appears as "Pending" So I've contacted the agent on the Godivda to check with them, But my order was never registered in the system. What should I do in this type of situation?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ultra3347 

The Pending temporary authorization with funds held, is an agreement to pay merchant. Since the order didn't go through properly, the merchant won't likely be able to capture the funds so it will remain a temporary authorization until it expires on its own and drops off from your account activity in no longer than 30 days, releasing the hold on funds. This is normal procedure with any PayPal integrated checkout by a retailer as they are using the authorization to capture method to process payments. If you check your payment method, it will also say it is pending.

You may try the transaction again but I would switch off and on your internet connection first because bad, weak, unstable signals can interfere with processing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ultra3347 

The Pending temporary authorization with funds held, is an agreement to pay merchant. Since the order didn't go through properly, the merchant won't likely be able to capture the funds so it will remain a temporary authorization until it expires on its own and drops off from your account activity in no longer than 30 days, releasing the hold on funds. This is normal procedure with any PayPal integrated checkout by a retailer as they are using the authorization to capture method to process payments. If you check your payment method, it will also say it is pending.

You may try the transaction again but I would switch off and on your internet connection first because bad, weak, unstable signals can interfere with processing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.