I need help to this problem plis..

Anas-swat
Contributor
Contributor
When i want to pay with my paypal and enter the email and password .. they say : Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay .. I asked the epoch which is the operetor of the payment and they said : Our system shows that the transaction is being declined by your bank. You would have to contact your financial institution to inquire why they are not allowing the transaction to process. But i did not link any bank account or credit so what to do ??
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anas-swat 

What funding source are you using with paypal then?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anas-swat
Contributor
Contributor
One of my friend sent me the money.. and since I dont have a credit card or bank I used my balance as a payment method ..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anas-swat 

You can use your balance for some transactions but sometimes its blocked as the merchants require a safer payment option ie a card.

Are the funds in your paypal balance in the correct currency that the person you are paying accepts?

Are they cleared and not pending?

Have you done this............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anas-swat
Contributor
Contributor
I've already chosen my paypal balance as a payment method and the money is not pending or on hold.. i think it is as you said that the merchant wants a safer option .. so if I add a card, should it be a credit or mastercard ? Or I can link a bank card? And if it is the first case, will the merchant send the payment information to the email linked with the card or to my paypal email? And sorry for annoying:)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.