I need help knowing some details regarding refund process.

Adi4747
New Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I need help knowing some details regarding how refund process works.I have subscribed for a service which I used to import products from Ali express to my eCommerce store.Their monthly payment was never be completed till one and half years and they also never contacted me because I have used their services fro few months only.Last month PayPal automatically deducted 350$ which was total monthly payment for last 1 and half years.I contacted their chat support in which they agreed and refunded me amount of 150$. They agreed in chat that they're refunding me money back for 8 months like monthly fee was $19.90.So if we calculate amount for 8 months it will be 160$ even they refunded me 10$ less amount they agreed.I have chat record between me and support agent.I'm not satisfied with this partial refund as I have not used their services for more months.I want more refund for the months in which I never used their service.I want to raise dispute with PayPal.Can PayPal help me in getting money back for months service is not used?Please help me by providing your valuable views.Thanks for help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adi4747 

Could the difference in amount be the currency conversion or no? But in India you guys receive payments in USD, right? If a refund was processed on the same day the transaction was made, the same exchange rate will be used. If refund was issued beyond date of payment, your refund could turn out to be less because the rate used will be going rate on date of refund.

If they issued a refund from within the original transaction, you can click it, click "Report a problem" to see if you can open a dispute on it  (whatever you do, do not report it as unauthorized payment) because your payment was an automatic payment/billing agreement.

REPORT A PROBLEM OPTIONS:

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The product or service was not delivered to you. 

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity,transactions and account changes you didn't authorize. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

If the site does not allow you to open a dispute, contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.