I'm not able to pay with PayPal balance

Edma123
Contributor
Contributor
I'm trying to buy something through PlayStation store, and when I use PayPal as my way of payment it keeps directing me to a page to add a bank card or account, I don't have one but I have enough money in my PayPal balance to pay, I also already have PayPal balance as payment preference, so what can I do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edma123 

One possibility is that the merchant requires a billing agreement to establish the payment. A billing agreement may require a card to be used in order to be established.

Another possibility is that the security system has determined that the bank or balance cannot be used for this payment, or that a card specifically would be a safer method of payment. If this is the case, the payment may not be able to be processed using the bank or balance, or at least not at that time.

By paying with just a balance means your account is not verified, again a reason why its blocking you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edma123 

One possibility is that the merchant requires a billing agreement to establish the payment. A billing agreement may require a card to be used in order to be established.

Another possibility is that the security system has determined that the bank or balance cannot be used for this payment, or that a card specifically would be a safer method of payment. If this is the case, the payment may not be able to be processed using the bank or balance, or at least not at that time.

By paying with just a balance means your account is not verified, again a reason why its blocking you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.