I'm new seller, need some advice about this potential scammer. Transaction ID included

HIEU8
Contributor
Contributor

I'm selling some virtual goods. The value is US$1200.

The buyer agreed to go first (he would send me the money, then I would send him the goods).

I sent him an invoice, I forgot to input the price (it was $0.00), I was confused don't know how to edit as I'm still new to paypal so I canceled it.

Then I used request money function instead.

But the buyer then said he already paid $1200 from first invoice which is quite fake for me to be honest. From what I understand on paypal, if it is paid then I should be able to see it from my transaction history.

When I told him to provide screenshot of transaction ID, he told me he unable to do so because he is on phone. And only give me ID number instead: 1RX872o8WC6613678  (no screenshots, images, just the code only) which I think is another big fake because I did search and don't have that ID from my side.

Is it possible to ask for an admin to check this provided transaction ID to be sure if he is telling a lie or not? Buyer is: Daniel <removed>(I tried to include his email but the page not allow me to do that btw)

I do still have some patient with my customer, that's why I'm here. Please help.

ss.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HIEU8 

If the invoice is already paid it be can't canceled and the invoice would have a PAID status and receive a record of payment in your PayPal Activity page or Summary page. If payment is subject to PayPal hold, you would still see a record of payment marked as ON HOLD with amount in the Pending PayPal Balance. If you do not see any of that, then you have not been paid.

You can call customer service with that transaction ID to verify it but I do not hold much faith transaction ID is real. Even Money Requests have to be marked PAID and receive a record of payment too.

When someone give screenshot of payment or transaction ID and you don't see payment in your account, say,  "thanks for the info, I will verify this with PayPal" and see their reaction, if any.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HIEU8 

If the invoice is already paid it be can't canceled and the invoice would have a PAID status and receive a record of payment in your PayPal Activity page or Summary page. If payment is subject to PayPal hold, you would still see a record of payment marked as ON HOLD with amount in the Pending PayPal Balance. If you do not see any of that, then you have not been paid.

You can call customer service with that transaction ID to verify it but I do not hold much faith transaction ID is real. Even Money Requests have to be marked PAID and receive a record of payment too.

When someone give screenshot of payment or transaction ID and you don't see payment in your account, say,  "thanks for the info, I will verify this with PayPal" and see their reaction, if any.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HIEU8
Contributor
Contributor

Your reply is really fast and helpful, I learned a lot from this, thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.