I'm from Mexico. Will Receive money from friends or Paypalme charge me to receive USD?

jdoa
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a freelancer and I completed a 200USD job for a client in Turkey. I don't want to use an invoice because of the incoming fees and I'm not really a seller. I might just receive payments 2 or 3 times a year from him. It's the first time I'll use Paypal to receive a payment outside my country. My local currency is MXN but I changed my account to accept USD.

If I asks my client to use the "Send money to family/friends" will I be charged?

If I sign up for Paypalme and asks him to send 200USD will I be charged?

What's the best method?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdoa 

You are selling a service, if you keep using the friends/family option to receive payments to avoid fees then your paypal account may well be permanently limited so personally i would not advise you doing that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdoa 

You are selling a service, if you keep using the friends/family option to receive payments to avoid fees then your paypal account may well be permanently limited so personally i would not advise you doing that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jdoa
Contributor
Contributor

You are right. I ended up creating an invoice. I think it's the most professional method and I can enter description and charge for each service/task. I also included the 5.4% fee so I receive the total amount I'm asking. It's a bit high but it's better than the fee used by the freelancer platform I work with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.