I'm an idiot made a transaction but can't cancel or contact seller

LewdCowboy
New Community Member
I agreed to a transaction trying to buy a " The Witcher" statue through a Polish site. I was an idiot and didn't pay enough attention to the exchange rate and stuff and ended up agreeing to over $5,000 but I don't even have that much in my bank account and there's no way to contact the seller, I locked my debit card too just in case, should I be worried? The transaction on Paypal says complete but I still have all the money I had in my checking account. I wasn't charged and I haven't been contacted at all from anywhere.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LewdCowboy 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later....so if there are not enough funds in your account then paypal will probably put you in negative until you pay them back again or get a refund from the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.