I linked my bank acc and have funds on my wallet, but PayPal still asks me for a credit card!

MateusOV
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my bank account and tried to buy something, but PayPal asked for a credit card (wich I don't have). I later on added funds on my PayPal wallet to try to fix this problem and finally buy online, but PayPal still keeps asking me for a credit card. I even tried fixing this problem by adding my debit card but for some reason it was declined. So I'm still left unable to buy online.

I searched on the forums for a similar problem, but the closest one I've seen is of some dude with the same problem, bank account is linked but still being asked for credit card, but his problem was because he linked someone else's bank acc. Wich isn't my problem, since my linked bank acc is my own.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MateusOV,

I'm sorry to hear that you're being asked for a credit card. Are you being asked for a card during a purchase, or is there some other issue that's causing the request, such as a limitation on the account?

If you're being prompted for a card during a purchase, it's likely that the purchase cannot be completed with an eCheck and requires a form of Instant Transfer to complete the purchase. Instant Transfer can only be initiated when there is a card as a backup payment method. Or it may be a payment that requires a billing agreement that can only be set up initially with a card.

The decline of the debit card may be due to one of these reasons

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MateusOV
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @PayPal_Olivia , thank you for replying!

I'm being asked for a credit card during payment throught Epoch. And if Epoch requires a credit card for billing agreement or something, then can I use a friend's credit card for that and still use PayPal normally, using the wallet or my bank account to pay?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MateusOV,

Thank you for your reply. It is most likely that the system would decline the use of another person's card, but even if it did not, only your own financial credentials are allowed to be used with your account. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.