I keep getting "We’re sorry, Things don’t appear to be working at the moment” .

chriscclark
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to eBay "Checkout" and select "PayPal", I get the PayPal payment screen, set to "Pay Later".  When I click "Pay Now", I get several "spinning wheel" screens, and then "We’re sorry, Things don’t appear to be working at the moment”.  This has happened at least 10 times.  I’M ABOUT TO GET MY EBAY PURCHASE CANCELLED BECAUSE I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE PAY FOR IT!!

Also, I need to pay for the $5665 purchase from funds that are in SEVERAL bank accounts.    I was going to transfer money from these accounts to my PayPal balance and then pay from the balance,, but it says that the transfer from bank to PayPal will take “3 to 5 business days”!?!?  Can this possibly be  true?  If it is, how else can I pay for my eBay purchase from several accounts RIGHT NOW?

All accounts are listed as payment sources in my PayPal Wallet, and the total amount available in these accounts is more than enough to pay for my eBay purchase.  I just need to get them to the seller NOW.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EightBitWhit
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact issue here.  It's been going on for me the past 3 days and I'm not able to pay for anything. 

I've contacted both eBay and PayPal customer support.  eBay says there are no checkout issues on their side and recommended I contact PayPal, and I'm awaiting a response from them.  I'll post back here if I hear anything helpful.

Login to Me Too

chriscclark
Contributor
Contributor

After much thrashing, including writing a 1900 character message to eBay about why they shouldn't cancel my purchase for nonpayment since I COULDN'T pay, things worked just fine for me on Thursday morning 4/22.  to be expected, I guess, in a world run by "systems", not people.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.