I invoiced someone; now PayPal is asking me for my business info.

kraemouse
New Community Member
Hi, I live in Canada and a few months ago I invoiced someone for a service I performed. They wanted me to invoice them rather than paying me directly in cash. So I invoiced them using PayPal, which I have never done before. Now PayPal is emailing me and saying they need my company's information (e.g location, date of incorporation, incorporation number, etc) for income tax purposes... But I don't have an incorporated company, or any company. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kraemouse wrote:
Hi, I live in Canada and a few months ago I invoiced someone for a service I performed. They wanted me to invoice them rather than paying me directly in cash. So I invoiced them using PayPal, which I have never done before. Now PayPal is emailing me and saying they need my company's information (e.g location, date of incorporation, incorporation number, etc) for income tax purposes... But I don't have an incorporated company, or any company. What do I do?

Write a letter explaining and that you are operating the PayPal account as an individual...pdf it and upload it to the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.