I have sent a payment but it's held in seller account - seller asking me to confirm delivery

ROSCO27
Contributor
Contributor

I have made payment for an item. It shows as completed in my account but in the sellers account it shows as on hold.

Seller is asking me to mark item as received so the payment is released but there is no option for this - only option is to archive transaction.

Even if option was there, I am worried about marking an item as received when it hasn't even been sent yet. Would this invalidate my paypal protection if seller did not send the item or it did not arrive? 

All seems a bit fishy to me - any ideas please?

@Held payment

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ROSCO27 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

NEVER mark an item as received if you have not received it yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ROSCO27 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

NEVER mark an item as received if you have not received it yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ROSCO27
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - he turned out to be a scammer - found he'd used other peoples pictures! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.