I have enough on my paypal balance, but I can't issue this refund?

klvlly
Contributor
Contributor
I have to refund $100. I currently have around $120 in my paypal balance. When I want to issue the refund, it always says "You don’t have sufficient balance to complete this payment. Add funds or add a bank account and confirm it." I don't have a bank account. What I have linked is a virtual prepaid card. Worked fine before when I issued refunds but idk why it doesn't wanna work now?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Klvily,

In such cases, please make sure the funds on your balance are in the available balance and do not appear as pending. It could also be that our security is blocking the release of the balance amount for refunds if the amount was only recently received. Please make sure the refund amount is in the correct currency as on your balance.

If you are still having issues refunding the amount from your balance please contact our Customer Support through your PayPal Help section.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

antuning
New Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. In my case, I have 85 USD on my balance and need to issue a 100 USD refund. I topped up my account with 40 EUR (just today) but states I do not have enough amount there. Is it because of the recent top up, of the insufficient USD balance (why doesn't it use the two currencies together??) or something else?

By the way my account is in EUR that's why the top up is in EUR.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Aquilespv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i've been dealing with this issue for a few hours and found a solution!

My account is in euros and the refund is in USD, and it kept giving me the "lack of funds" message. To fix it i did the following:

-Clicked on Wallet

-Paypal balance

-ADD CURRENCY / Selected USD

-Next to Euro there are 3 dots for options:  Selected USD

-Typed the amount equivalent to the refund in euros (they will show you the equivalence in USD before accepting)

-Accept the currency exchange.

After doing this, the system seems to recognizes the USD and proceed with the refund without issues.

Its quite an inconvenient and took me a lot of time to fix it because the phone lines are overloaded and couldn't get help there.

I hope this helps other people having this issue to save some time.

Have a good day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.