I have 2FA enabled, Paypal still asks for an SMS code everytime I want to make a purchase!

Lisergiko
Contributor
Contributor

I'm tired of getting asked by Paypal to verify my account with SMS or call EVERYTIME I want to make a purchase on eBay. Paypal is becoming a hassle...and a few times I've opted to pay with my card directly because of this BS. I enabled 2FA and I was able to buy a few items without getting asked for the SMS code...but it has started again, and I can't get it to stop! Not only SMS authentication isn't secure because of phone number cloning, but it's so stressful and time consuming to be waiting for the SMS! I have my authenticator app, I use it for everything. If you want me to verify everytime I want to make a $2 purchase, ask me for my authenticator code!!!

How can I get this solved? Pleaseee?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

peterhw
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to me a little stupid asking for the SMS code on the phone where the app is located - doesn't appear to add any level of security when using the app on a phone.

My paypal is linked to my bank and if the phone was lost then could be a source of severe distress !

Having the app on a phone that I don't take out of the house doesn't really seem to but what Paypal want me to do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.