I give up!!!

hhcamp
Contributor
Contributor

OK after an hour on hold. Please give me an answer here. Contacting Pay Pal directly is absolutely impossible!

Can someone contribute to a pool as a guest using a credit card and not pay a fee?

another question

It says no fees for money between friends, but when my friend tries to send me the money as a guest using his credit card it says there is the norman fee like I was selling something?

Man this has been maddening! trying to get an answer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hhcamp

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/money-pools-overview-and-frequently-asked-questions-faq3...

What are the fees for contributing to a pool?

Contributions are personal payments and the fees for personal payments apply.

(In other words, if they send it to you via a credit card then they pay a fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hhcamp
Contributor
Contributor

I thought pools were a way to raise money? Didn't know I would be charged a fee!

According to everything I can find on the PayPal site, friends and family can send me money without having an account without my having to pay a fee. But when they try to do so by credit card, I get charged the full monte?
What’s up with that?

Is there any way we can send money to each other using our credit cards without paying a fee?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hhcamp

FEES are in Paypals user agreement. If you send a payment funded via a credit card then there is always a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.