I don't want PayPal to use my balance first, but won't let me change that setting

nmqb13
Contributor
Contributor

I want to set my credit card as default and I do NOT want paypal to use my balance first if I have a balance. This is the only option. WHY?PayPal.PNG

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nmqb13 

Obvious question but got to ask, did you successfully confirm your card with the 4-digit PayPal code when you added the card?

Try selecting your preferred payment method through:

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Online purchases

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

nmqb13
Contributor
Contributor

thanks @sharpiemarker . I did confirm my card when I added it. The image on my post showed the options it gave me when I tried to change my preferred pay method, I could only choose paypal balance. Couldn't choose my bank account or either card on my account, one of which has been there for years.

What ended up working was that I checked out using PayPal on a website the other day, and during that checkout PayPal let me select "use this as my preferred method". But I don't know why they don't let you select that option while logged into their own site and looking at your profile. Had to do it during a checkout.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.