I cannot receive refund

bbianka
Contributor
Contributor
The PayPal statement shows that I had received $28 on 13/5/2019 however it doesn't show on my current PalPal bank account or my previous PalPal credit card statements. I paid $57.55 by my credit card (my previous Pay-Pal method) on 30/4/2019 then removed my credit card a few days later from PalPal due to having problems with it. I then changed my Pay-Pal method to my bank account early May, then the seller refunded $28 to me on 13/5. Anyone can help me to find what happen to my $28 refund? Do I need to put my credit card number that I used to pay for the item back on PayPal to receive the refund? TIA bbianka
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbianka 

Depending on the funding source you used to send the original payment, it may take some additional time for your refund to be processed.

• If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
  • If you paid with your bank, the money is refunded to your PayPal account balance and then automatically transferred to your bank account.
  • If you paid with your PayPal balance, the money will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
  • If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.
  • If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
  • If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be processed to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.
Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbianka 

Depending on the funding source you used to send the original payment, it may take some additional time for your refund to be processed.

• If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
  • If you paid with your bank, the money is refunded to your PayPal account balance and then automatically transferred to your bank account.
  • If you paid with your PayPal balance, the money will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
  • If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.
  • If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
  • If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be processed to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.
Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.