I can't withdraw money from my PayPal account

crabber24
Contributor
Contributor

I can't withdraw money from my PayPal account because for some reason my account had my location starting in bulgaria. I changed it to united states and thought that was the end of it. I got a notification from PayPal saying I needed to upload proof of address but my only option is my address from 10 years ago and Bulgaria as my country when I've never even been to the place. I tried to do this once before and PayPal sent me a message saying my address needed to match up with the document I sent them but they are not letting me put in a new address or country so I can make the addresses match up. Ive tried calling someone but no-one is in the office due to the corona virus scare. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crabber24 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You CAN'T change a paypal account from one country to another and you still have a Bulgarian account...

User crabber24: Bulgaria Personal Account

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crabber24
Contributor
Contributor

But I have money in my account and I have no idea how it got set up as bulgarian I've been american my whole life. If i start a new account can I keep the money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crabber24 

When you click to open an account the first thing you do is scroll down the list of countries and select your own.

Not sure how you managed to click on Bulgaria but its a nice country by the way.

As you would never be able to verify a Bulgarian account your best bet is to open one in your own country and then see if paypal can transfer the funds for you.

BUT as its basically an illegally made account (albeit by accident) they may not be able to do so.

The other option is to get the senders of the payment to open a dispute (if you can't refund) and get their money back and then re-pay to your new correct account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.