I can't send money.

highfighve
Contributor
Contributor

I can't send anything, not even a dime. I live in Canada and I'm trying to send money to someone in the US. I'm using friends and family and my PayPal account is verified. I'm not sure why I can't send anything, all I see is "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.".

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@highfighve 

What currency are you sending?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

highfighve
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Canadian, so CAD.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@highfighve 

ok, if you are sending in CAD then the recipient would need to add CAD as a receiving currency on their U.S paypal account.

Why not just send in USD? All you do is send money > email address > select friends and family > put in amount > select USD from drop down list > then before you click to pay it will tell you how much in CAD would be deducted from your funding source.

That is UNLESS you are sending funds that are already in your paypal balance, if they are CAD then paypal won't convert them, you would have to do that yourself (fees apply) or as i said in my first sentence get the receiver to add CAD to their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.