I can't receive a refund from a merchant.

alonsomckay
New Community Member

A couple of months ago I purchased a ticket online for an event. I eventually sold my ticket through their website, and I am supposed to receive the amount my buyer paid through paypal. I have received multiple emails from the organization letting me know that every time they try to process my refund, it tells them my account is "unregistered." I have tried calling PayPal customer service to fix the issue or confirm my account is registered, but it's an endless toll and I can NEVER talk to a representative. I have never used paypal before; this would be my first time using it. However, I've had my paypal account active for a long time now. Why is it that I cannot receive my refund? Is there a hidden step I must follow to fully register my account and finally make it work?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @alonsomckay,

I'm sorry to hear that the merchant that you bought a ticket from cant refund you. Are they using the refund option on the payment itself, or sending you a new payment. If they're sending you a new payment, are they sending it to the address that is on your PayPal account, or is there a different email address that you use with them?

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.