I can't get refund

Huggabear
Contributor
Contributor

Back on July 22nd, I was refunded $90 from a merchant and paypal sent that money to my linked debit card. Around the same period I closed that account and opened one with a different one. I have contacted the former bank (Citibank) and they confirmed they did not receive the credit before the account closed. Yet Paypal refuses to re-issue the $90 on my new card (Bank of America) claiming they already issued it to Citibank. I have talked to so many customer service reps who can't or won't assist me. How can I prove to Paypal that I did not get the refund? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Huggabear.

Welcome to the Community!

If a payment is refunded through the PayPal website, the funds are automatically transferred back to the original funding source that was used for the payment. If your card has been closed, your bank will still have received the refund that was sent back to your card.

If they have been unable to process the refund back to your card, I would advise you to contact our customer service team directly so that we can look into this further on your behalf. This can be done by clicking the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. From here, you can then click the 'Call Us' option. If no number shows on the next page, please click the 'Call as a guest' option to be provided with the best number to call us on.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.