I can't find ""Pre-approved payments"" option in my account, I think it was disabled :/

keiranagali
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal Community! Recently, I've successfully passed the verification process for my account and my account returned to a regular standing. Paypal updated my name and address. Now I want to make sure and relink my Gcash to my paypal, to do so, I must disable it in "pre-approved payments" settings. But I can't find it.

While searching for help, I found in the help center this :

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i've-signed-up-and-paid-for-a-preapproved-payment-agreem...

The "pre approved payment" text must be in blue color, but it is in black color and I can't click it. I think the function is disabled within my account. Can you help me fix this? I really need to make sure my G-cash is re-connected after the verification process. Thanks!

P.S : while checking my G-Cash account, I found out that my G-Cash was still connected/linked to my Paypal account, But while trying to "link it again" (just to make sure), it said that the linking failed. My name on my gcash was the same as my paypal account. I want to fix this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keiranagali 

Try this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ap-manage-preapprovals

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

keiranagali
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that link. I can see my pre approved payments now. 🙂

Can I ask something?

Why is that I have 2 G-Xchange approved? is this normal? (they are all aprooved meaning my G-cash is linked right?)

and why I can't see link for pre approved payments in my paypal wallet account?

Login to Me Too

keiranagali
Contributor
Contributor

Also @sharpiemarker , where do we find the home page for that link you have given me? (the one looking like a basic webpage of paypal)?

everytime i click "back to my profile" from the link you gave me, is sends me to my paypal wallet. the modern looking one

Login to Me Too

keiranagali
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker sorry I did not notice but under my pre-aproved payments,"To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN"  was listed.

Do you know how can i reset the said PIN? how can i resolve this problem?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keiranagali 

See if this works:

Here is how to reset your PIN for automatic payments

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Select the payment for the PIN you want to reset, then click Change PIN.
  5. Enter your new PIN.

If not, I suggest deactivating the G-Xchange link and start from the beginning by relinking your PayPal with GCash from the instructions found on this page:

https://www.gcash.com/personal/paypal/

Login to Me Too

Jan_Martin
Contributor
Contributor

I have this on the classic paypal site too but where the hell do I find my pin? what effin pin are they talking about? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try changing your GCash PIN. Someone said on other thread they did this and it worked.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keiranagali wrote:

Also @sharpiemarker , where do we find the home page for that link you have given me? (the one looking like a basic webpage of paypal)?

everytime i click "back to my profile" from the link you gave me, is sends me to my paypal wallet. the modern looking one

Only that page is in classic site, the rest is back to the modern one. If you want to get to that page again, use the steps in the previous post.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keiranagali wrote:

Thank you for that link. I can see my pre approved payments now. 🙂

Can I ask something?

Why is that I have 2 G-Xchange approved? is this normal? (they are all aprooved meaning my G-cash is linked right?)

and why I can't see link for pre approved payments in my paypal wallet account?

G-Xchange is the other name for GCash pre approved payment agreement so if it is Approved or Active then it is linked but you said you need to cancel it and relink it because you're getting error message.

I am not sure why you can't access the pre approved payment plans list...

My account is US PayPal and I used this method:

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon near log out button) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Under the list of merchants on the left, it says "Can’t find what you’re looking for? Try the manage pre-approved payments page." And it takes one to the classic site to where the link for preapproved payment plans is.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.