I can't contact PayPal anymore

Josh7337
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to contact PayPal via phone at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] but it always hangs up on me, using covid-19 as an excuse for terrible customer service. I need to talk to a live person about cashing/depositing my stimulus check. If i can't get some basic questions answered, i will have to use some other financial institution. Does anyone know of a number to reach a live person at PayPal? Their messaging center is a joke; they never answer my questions in a meaningful way. Alternately, does anyone know of a comparable online financial institution that will cash/deposit stimulus checks & will let you speak to customer service? Thanks...
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass

Thanks for the link, but not what is happening to me....

Login to Me Too

Brad48
Contributor
Contributor
I tried all day and nothing just some stupid recording saying nothing that would be helpful I needed to talk to a real person PayPal charged 500$ to my account for no reason at all .. and you can't file a complaint against PayPal it's not even a option . I'm so sick of these people I been a true PayPal user for 16 years with no problems until now they claim they no longer have anything to do with eBay there now 2 separate companies and the bank that took over PayPal is clearly just robbing people I've tried and true to contact them through emails phone calls dozens and there own messaging system nothing makes me feel like basically robbed at gun point same thing I'm done with them forever I've never seen a company be so rude and obnoxious .to just charge you for something you do not owe then you can't contact them at all with there **bleep** answering systems there a joke . paypal is really gone to the dumps .I'm fueling a complaint with the BBB and they can kiss it were the sun don't shine anyone with a PayPal account better get out while they can our you will be robbed by them and then ignored
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

@Brad48 

I feel you man, they really have gotten ridiculous, with this Covid thing going on, but then so have many companies....

Oddly, I was able to just login here to reply, on the first attempt yet.

Still, we will see how many times, I have to do the same ignorant 'Security Challenge' when I try to post his response.

I agree man, filing a complaint against them is about the only way you can force them to actually reply. The BBB seems to love them, and will likely not be overly thorough in following up a complaint, but the FTC will take it seriously https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/  & force them to wake up, and realize that the law is not governed by how big a company you have, or how many people you have signed up.

Microsoft found this out in the 90s, when the Government went after them HARD CORE. They thought they were too big to be held accountable, but reality set in for them too.

Anyway, they have a vaccine now for the pandemic virus, so a lot of these companies are going to be having to reopen their customer support departments here soo enough, just hold ot man!!

Login to Me Too

GRAEMESMITH
It is impossible to contact a PayPal rep in the UK. I have tried relentlessly; incredibly frustrating waste of time, dealing with 'bots' that are worse than useless. The suggestion is that PayPal has 100% of employees off due to coronavirus.....this is absolute nonsense. If PayPal cannot offer customer service at this time, this fact should be emblazoned at the top of every one of their pages, and they should not be allowed to charge fees for transactions until customer service is restored. Disgraceful, from a company making billions of pounds from its loyal customers.
Login to Me Too

camarahobbies
Contributor
Contributor

A financial institution that handles our money but is near impossible to contact and takes days to respond to our query, if at all.
When did we decide that was OK????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.