I can't change to payment between friends and family

TaniF
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to send a payment to friends and family but the app is not giving me the option between the Friends & Family and Goods & Services.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaniF 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TaniF
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find where I would put in my country.  BTW, I am in the US and the receiver is also in US; however, I have had this problem when I tried to send $$ to a person in India as well.  🙄

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaniF 

Firstly i don't think you can send friends / family payments via the app.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684

Secondly paypal account holders in India do not have the option to receive personal payments, they can only receive goods/services payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TaniF
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  Per India, OK.  W/in US, I just tried to send my husband some money, and it still doesn't provide me the option.  Seems strange.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaniF 

W/in US, I just tried to send my husband some money, and it still doesn't provide me the option.  Seems strange.

Did you read my reply? Where i said i don't think you can use that option with the app.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TaniF
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did read that so I went to my computer to send the $$ to my hubs, still didn't work.  Doesn't make sense to me.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.