I can't cancel a pending payment I sent

aldn1212
New Community Member

I trying to cancel a payment I sent to someone via request but have no idea how to cancel it. I've followed the instructions that appear in Help section but there is no Cancel button/link when I open up the summary of the still pending payment. How can I cancel it. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aldn1212

You can only cancel a pending payment if it has been sent to a non-existant email address.

Other than that if its pending due to you sending an echeque then there would be a clearance date OR if it was pending to a company that hasn't processed your order OR to a seller that hasn't verified their email address or added that email address to their paypal account then it will time out at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aldn1212

You can only cancel a pending payment if it has been sent to a non-existant email address.

Other than that if its pending due to you sending an echeque then there would be a clearance date OR if it was pending to a company that hasn't processed your order OR to a seller that hasn't verified their email address or added that email address to their paypal account then it will time out at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.