I can rarely use PayPal to pay for purchases

flgirl004
Contributor
Contributor

For years I had no problem using my PayPal account for making payments on various merchant's websites. Eventually, PayPal had me add my bank account and debit card. However, I had two recent purchases for mobile games that showed they'd be PayPal Credit (elected as the preferred method of payment) but instead PayPal took these out of my bank account as 'instant transfers'. Not once in all of these years have mobile purchases been switched to being taken from another source (yes I had available credit) I didn't agree to. I ended up removing my bank account and debit card as I was afraid one day they'd do that and cause a check to bounce or something. Since I did that, I haven't been able to use PayPal AT ALL. When I try and check out now, it says 'add a payment method to use this service'. What?? I already have a PayPal Credit account and a PayPal Mastercard. For years that's all I ever had on there and used it just fine. I just now tried to use PayPal (the merchant showed they accepted PayPal Credit), I clicked on PayPal Credit and a message popped up saying to add a payment source.. Has PayPal started only allowing us to use outside sources of credit? I'm just wondering what's the point of the PayPal Mastercard and PayPal Credit accounts then? I don't want to add my bank account or debit card as it seems like they fully intend to use my bank account from now on but then again what's the point of using PayPal at all? If I wanted to pay by check or my debit card I would just give the merchant my bank info and leave PayPal out of it. I tried calling PayPal and waited forever on hold and the customer service woman's dog started barking really bad and she left me on hold. I guess someone knocked on her door and she forgot about me. After 30 min I hung up.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.