I accidently closed my account

Amibl
New Community Member

So my friend sent me $5 on my account then i accidentally closed it thinking it meant log out and now i lost the account i made another account on the same email but where does the money on the other account go?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_PeterF

Hi @Amibl,

How are you doing today? When you have funds in your PayPal Balance, you will not be able to close your account. Seeing you have closed your account, I believe it was before your friend has sent you a payment. Kindly ensure your email address is confirmed. Otherwise you will not be able to receive any payment if your email address is not confirmed. If you have facing difficulties, kindly contact your local PayPal support line for live assistance.

Regards,

Peter

Login to Me Too

Paul23231
New Community Member

I was the biggest PayPal supporter and I was a member for almost 20 years. In the past they helped me get fraud money back or even if I wasn't happy they had my back. Today I hit close account button thinking it was a log out and it was gone instantly. I thought I could ask them to put it back up and they said they couldn't. I am very disappointed with PayPal. They really try to ensure that customer service is on the top of there list but not having to look after this innocent error was extremely disappointing. I was proud of my long term membership but now I'm just disappointed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Paul23231,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reinstate a closed account. Before closing an account you are advised in a statement " Are you sure you want to close your account? " and told that you cannot re-open an account.

You should be able to open a new account with the same details and if you need some transaction details of the old account you can send a request via the help section of the new account. 

Thanks

Martin 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.