How to withdraw a payment ‘on hold’

Tim180
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I have just received a foreign payment for a service (music lesson) I offered from the UK. Payment was made from South America via the PayPal payment facility on my website, but this payment is now ‘on hold’.

This is the first time I have received payment from a foreign source this way and I wonder how I can expedite payment? I also wonder why the payment is ‘on hold’?

I am not an e-commerce seller and I have never used the PayPal payment facility from my website before, and so I’m wondering whether PayPal is just holding payment for security reasons before releasing the funds? But for how long? 

I cannot seem to send PapPal a message to ask them, so any help much appreciated.

Thanks 

Tim

I cannot 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

camifp_

Hi Tim! Hope you're doing great.

I had the exact same problem with my boyfriend. Im from Chile and he's from The Netherlands, so it's even the same type of transaction you had to do.

I sent him money via PayPal over 2 weeks ago and is still "on hold", and we can't find any solutions cause PayPal is not replying at all.

Let's hope we will have an answer sooner than later! And if you find out something, please let me know as well!

Camila.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

camifp_

Hi Tim! Hope you're doing great.

I had the exact same problem with my boyfriend. Im from Chile and he's from The Netherlands, so it's even the same type of transaction you had to do.

I sent him money via PayPal over 2 weeks ago and is still "on hold", and we can't find any solutions cause PayPal is not replying at all.

Let's hope we will have an answer sooner than later! And if you find out something, please let me know as well!

Camila.

Login to Me Too

Tim180
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Camilla,

Good morning and thanks very much for replying to my message. This is very interesting to know and, yes, I do hope we get an answer as it is impossible to contact PayPal at all and seems to be a very common issue. I thought it might be because my student is in Venezuela and there might be restrictions on money transfers from there, but I don’t know.

The amount is small, but my student is very concerned that I won’t get paid. I was thinking of sending her a refund, but the money may end up ‘on hold’ at that end!

By the way, I did read here somewhere that, if the sender confirms receipt or something, then any held funds might be released sooner, but I need to check this with her and see.

I will let you know if I get anywhere, and do let me know also if you have any luck either.

thanks very much

all best

tim

By the way, I did read here somewhere that, if the 

Login to Me Too

Ruslan8

Hello Guys,

I had the same problem as well...   I received an amount of friend from LONDON but PayPal put my money on HOLD

well, I kept trying to track it...   they sent me message that I only can WITHDRAW the amount after 180 days from being received.

so Now my money is released two days ago, and I'm searching for how to take out the money out of PayPal..

just wanted to share this so you guys know 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.