How to stop paypal converting the currency of my payments?

belloverdo3
New Community Member

Hi all,

It is my first paypal payment. I have a monthly Itunes subscription of EUR 0.99. Even on the bill the amount is in euro. However, paypal charged me in GBP. I have a Revolut card linked and I assume that paypal reads that the currency of the card is GBP. How can I stop paypal to converting currencies? In other words, can I ask paypal to take payments in ORIGINAL currencies for ALL payments, be it in euro, dollars or gbp? Revolut's fx rates are much, much better.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi belloverdo3, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

The charge will be converted as per the currency of the processing card. In this case, the Revolut cards are issued and regulated by a UK bank and the primary currency is in GBP so the funds will be processed in GBP. This will incur a currency conversion. 

The currency of your card can be changed on the PayPal account. If you process the majority of your payments in EUR, you can contact PayPal to request the currency of your card is changed from GBP to EUR. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.