How to issue refund from credit card

Praveen2021
New Community Member

Hello,

We have a paypal account which is configured to auto-debit to the linked Indian bank account automatically. We are now facing difficulty to issue a refund. How can we initiate a payment to a customer ?. When we try to add fund from credit card to paypal balance, it is not possible. We actually need to issue refund to a previously paid transaction. But as the paypal is configured to auto-debit, we are not having enough balance to refund the transaction. 

When we searched the forms we got the below mentioned details :-

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348

When we tried to initiate the payment as separate transaction to the customer, we are getting the following error :-

----------------

This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions

======================

Kindly suggest the best possible way to refund the transaction.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Praveen2021 

You can fund a refund from a linked and confirmed bank account (not debit card).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.