How to get back refunded an amount to a non-existent paypal email?

Mikael306
New Community Member

I have a transaction from a business Paypal owner, and I refunded the amount. However, the sender never received the amount. When I checked the transaction details, the email automatically changed!! The email that the refunded amount went to is non-existent. Now, I am wondering whether I could still get back the refunded amount or not. Any ideas as to how to resolve this problem?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mikael306,

I'm sorry to hear that there is any confusion regarding a refund. Did the buyer change the email address on their account? If the refund link was clicked on the original transaction, the refund would go back to the source of the payment. If the buyer used a card, the funds will return to the card that was used. Please ask the buyer to check to see if the funds returned to their payment method. It may take a few days, or even a full billing cycle for some cards, to see the refunded amount, but they should see the refund transaction in their transaction history right away.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.