How to contact PayPal

Naelf
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing extreme challenges in contacting PayPal.  I am asked for my telephone number which is not recognised despite it being the right phone number on my paypal account and then I am asked to give the last four numbers of a credit or debit card linked to the paypal account.  As I have a bank account linked directly to the paypal account and no credit/debit cards linked, this is difficult. 

Then I am told that I cannot be helped over the phone.

The problem that I am trying to contact Paypal to resolve is that a supplier has not received their money but Paypal has removed the money from my bank account.

Can somebody please advise how to get through to a human being at PayPal?

Kind regards

N

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naelf 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Naelf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

It says payment sent.

Kind regards

N

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naelf 

ok then it sounds as if you sent a 'gift' payment using the friends/family option?

Are you sure you sent it to a family member or close mate?

Only scammers ask you to send that way and then pretend that they have not received it knowing that you have 0 buyer protection to open a dispute as you sent them a 'gift' of money rather than paying for goods/services.

If its marked as SENT then it has successfully completed to the email address that is linked to a paypal account that you sent it to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.