How to confirm that seller received her item

Joshw42
New Community Member
I am a dog breeder, and I delivered a puppy to a customer mind you I hand delivered the puppy myself and it was around 8pm so the bank wasn't open at the time so she asked me if she could paypal me I said yes because I have used it before so she sent me the money through PayPal and now the money is on hold and PayPal isn't excepting calls only messages at this time and this happened on the 1st of August and now it's the 4th and it's still on hold I have updated the shipping info and told her to go on the browser and login to PayPal and try to confirm the order, the buyer has been with me up till now and now the seller is agitated and is telling me she has done all she can do on her part. What can I do to lift that hold off my money sooner because it says it will be like 21 days until I will receive my money please help thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshw42 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would not have sent it trackable then you would not be able to prove delivery of the item to the buyer and may lose any dispute.

Also you would be subject to the new seller hold.

Funds are normally released when any tracking number viewable online shows as delivered to the buyer + 1 day as long as you used one of Paypals supported carriers.

As that would not be possible then you can mark it as shipped and the buyer 'may' have the option confirm receipt on their end. However that option has been missing for a few weeks so I doubt that they can do this so you may well have to wait the full 21 days unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.