How to confirm that i received an item through paypal?

maelindsy
Contributor
Contributor
Please if anyone can help me that would be great. I recently ordered an item on depop and checked out using my card through paypal but without an account. The seller contacted me a day later saying to confirm the delivery so she could get the money. I've received the item but i dont know how to confirm the delivery since i didnt check out with a paypal account. I just dont want her to think that ive scammed her or anything cuz she's messaged me twice abt it but ive told her that i didnt have an account and aahh im frealing out rn
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maelindsy 

The only time a buyer can confirm receipt of item (which they do not have to if they don't want to) is by leaving feedback (if its Ebay) OR if its a virtual / digital transaction OR the seller marks the item as despatched and there is an option on the buyers account to confirm receipt, this is unlikely to be the case if it was an item sent in the post.

Tell the seller if they want confirmation of receipt then they should have sent the item trackable, as they didn't then they will have to wait for payment as any new seller hold is between them and paypal and nothing to do with you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maelindsy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, they did give me a tracking number for the item, and i did receive an email from paypal with the number And she messaged me again telling me to log into PayPal from the computer to confirm but i already told her that i didnt use a paypal account to check out as i didnt have one That i used my card but the transaction was made through paypal And i dont know how to explain this to her without her wanting to send her an e transfer because i cant confirm the delivery:/ Like is there another way that she can receive the money without me having to confirm anything? Sry for the long reply but im new to this and i dont know what to do:(
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maelindsy 

If she has added tracking to the transaction in her paypal account then when the funds are released is again between her and paypal.

ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM ...REALLY, just tell her to sort it with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maelindsy
Contributor
Contributor
Alright, thank you sm for responding, ill message her about it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.