How to cancel refund?

tokensformtg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, customer of mine didn't get his shipment yet, there is problem with tracking and seem shipment stocked somewhere. However customer don't want to wait for resolution of complait I sent to postal service - we are not sure yet if shipment is trully lost or if there is some issue and Royal Mail will find shipement at all. Customer offered to me to refund him for shipment and if shipment will arrive later, I can cancel refund then. I don't have no exp like that so I would like to ask, if it is possible to refund him now and later claim that payment again from PayPal?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tokensformtg 

No, you can't ask for a refund to be reversed. 

If you refund then the only way to get the money back is for the buyer to pay again.

However they may decide to open a dispute for non receipt of item to get their money back that way.

However if you sent trackable then it would show if the item did turn up in the time it takes the dispute to be sorted and then you would win, claims are taking ages at the moment due to paypal being inundated with them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tokensformtg 

No, you can't ask for a refund to be reversed. 

If you refund then the only way to get the money back is for the buyer to pay again.

However they may decide to open a dispute for non receipt of item to get their money back that way.

However if you sent trackable then it would show if the item did turn up in the time it takes the dispute to be sorted and then you would win, claims are taking ages at the moment due to paypal being inundated with them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tokensformtg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for fast reply! I understand situation, unfortunately customer is a ****, refuse to understand situation and opened case already. As I see I take a chance with common PayPal procedure and hope shipment will arrive in time I got for my response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.