How to cancel payment when it says "order received" Accidental payment

jgc99
Contributor
Contributor

This payment was accidentally made, I called and registered it as an unauthorized purchase, there is a case currently open on it right now.
It is labeled as a pending payment and says "order placed" but I would like to cancel it for obvious reasons. I don't want it to pull money from my wallet if the payment cannot be made with the cards currently linked.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jgc99

An unauthorised transaction is telling Paypal that your account has been hacked and that order was placed without your consent, as Paypal will check IP addresses and devices they will see that you did in fact place the order so the dispute will be closed.

As the order is pending then you should have contacted the seller and asked to cancel the order and request a refund.

If the seller refused then you could have opened a dispute for non reciept of item or item received but not as described, however you can only open 1 dispute per transaction and you have now used up your 1 dispute for that transaction.

All i can suggest is contacting the seller and seeing if you can cancel the order and have a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jgc99
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, the status is actually "order placed" does this change anything?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.