How to block small amount ($1) donations?

clintdl

Our non-profit has been receiving multiple $1 donations via Paypal, we believe without the knowledge of the Paypal users, as many of them are later disputed and refunded.  We've tried to reach out to many of them to determine how it happened, but have not received a single reply from anyone.  It's causing many unnecessary line items (both in and out) and is a bookkeeping hassle.  Since we can't locate the cause or source, we would like to set a minimum amount our account would allow coming in (i.e. $5 or $10) - or some other method - in order to prevent these $1 donations hitting our account. - We're also concerned that all the disputes/reversals may somehow adversely affect our account status. - Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clintdl wrote:

Our non-profit has been receiving multiple $1 donations via Paypal, we believe without the knowledge of the Paypal users, as many of them are later disputed and refunded.  We've tried to reach out to many of them to determine how it happened, but have not received a single reply from anyone.  It's causing many unnecessary line items (both in and out) and is a bookkeeping hassle.  Since we can't locate the cause or source, we would like to set a minimum amount our account would allow coming in (i.e. $5 or $10) - or some other method - in order to prevent these $1 donations hitting our account. - We're also concerned that all the disputes/reversals may somehow adversely affect our account status. - Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

That is not possible. Setting an exact amount or any amount the donor wants to donate are the only two options.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clintdl wrote:

That is not possible. Setting an exact amount or any amount the donor wants to donate are the only two options.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

fmoraleslc
Contributor
Contributor

How is this possible?

<Removed>

This guys were able to fix it. Try to donate less than $1 and you will be warned to change it to 1.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.