How to accept payment from abroad

JamesCowx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I live in Finland and have been sent some money from Australia. I've had an email come through to say I've received the amount, and to claim the money, there's an active link to click on. When I do this, it just takes me to my PayPal page, but I can't see any pending payments to accept? How do I accept this payment? Here's what the email said:

Alexander *** sent you €15.00 EUR.

Get your money in just a few easy steps. Click the button below to get started.

Claim your money

Claim your €15.00 EUR by 16 June 2019 or it'll be returned to the sender.

I have my credit card and bank account linked to my PayPal also, I didn't know if not having a bank account linked would affect it, but no.

I posted this in payment, but it might better suited in here?

Thanks in advance for any help,

James

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesCowx 

Is the email address that they sent the payment to the exact same email address that you have added and verified to your paypal account?

Only you can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account so if they sent it to another of your email addresses then just add and verify it.

Secondly are you sure they didn't send in AUD with the equivalent showing in Euros? If so then try adding AUD as a receiving currency on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesCowx 

Is the email address that they sent the payment to the exact same email address that you have added and verified to your paypal account?

Only you can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account so if they sent it to another of your email addresses then just add and verify it.

Secondly are you sure they didn't send in AUD with the equivalent showing in Euros? If so then try adding AUD as a receiving currency on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.